Thursday, January 28, 2010

Post with no picture!!!!

I hope you don't find this boring because there is no picture, but I have a funny story to tell. About a week ago I walked out into the living room after taking a shower and David warned me that our family room light was acting funny. He said it kept coming on and off randomly by itself and dimming. (We have one of those lights that has a remote and that is the only way it can be turned on.)So as we were watching TV a little while later He was right the light came on, it dimmed, stayed on for a bit... so we turned it off. David's dad is an electrician so we talked to him and he said that maybe the battery is low, so David went to the battery store and bought the 12 dollar battery. He changed it out and a few nights later we were having one of our camp outs, and at midnight all of a sudden I was woken because the light came on. David didn't budge(this is somewhat concerning because this is how we are woken up in the middle of night at work). The remote was next to him so I woke him and he turned the light off. Now seriously what was going on? It obviously wasn't the battery!
David was doing yard work yesterday with our neighbor Luke and he was telling David how he got a new fan/light(remote powered) that was acting funny. Needless to say after putting two and two together we were controlling each others lights. We all got a good laugh out of it and are changing the frequencies in our remotes so that we don't have this problem any more. Let me just say I am so glad that this didn't happen while I was home alone! I think I would have been way too freaked out.

2 comments:

  1. HI DAVID! Haha, you and your wifie are soooo cute!!! I was looking @ LeAnne's blog and found yours. You two look very happy... CONGRATS! Good to see you guys blog... as I'm sure you don't and your wife is like who is this crazy person.. :) hi!

    ReplyDelete