Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Life Support

So Saturday morning I woke up, got my bowl of cereal, turned the computer on next to me on the couch and started to watch the SVU marathon! I opened my Inbox and discovered I needed a coupon to purchase something so I carefully, yet routinely, set the computer on the cushion next to me so I could retrieve it from the office. After about 3 steps toward the office I heard a crash and my heart STOPPED!

OH NO. I rushed over..... totally in life saving mode....... but alas I was too late. The computer had taken such a severe fall that he lay lifeless there on my hard wood floor. I was saddened, but desperately tried to resuscitate my lifeless companion. There he lay a strange dark look in his eye. It was black. No one was there. And as hard as I tried he would not come back to me. So I lay him ever so gently in that not so comfortable hospital bed, hooked up to life support. Each day I tried to bring him back, holding his hand asking him to squeeze, but he was just not there, not responding, my heart sunk deeper! After 2 days I had come to terms with this tragedy. I wanted him to suffer no more so in one last faithful attempt, I cradled him in my arms and took him to see the doctor, this was the only doctor I knew that could even remotely give us any glimpse at a good prognosis. Who is this doctor you ask? His name is Dr. Geek, Dr. Geek Squad. He has several offices around town just look for the big blue and yellow building he will be there. I hear he even makes house calls. Tearfully I explained the tragedy to one of the doctor's hopefuls, Thomas. Thomas surprisingly looked optimistic.

He hooked my friend back up to life support and of all things ripped out his battery. "Seriously", I thought, he cannot survive without a battery, no one of his species can. Needless to say it was a miracle. It worked! And Insurance covered all of the costs!!!

Haha this was fun for me to write. So yes, my computer slipped of the couch and I could not get it to turn back on. I was devastated. It would not even charge if it was plugged in. All I could think of was how we do not have the money to spend on a new computer! I tried multiple things over several days to get it to work, but I am no genius. I took it to Geek Squad and all he did was take the battery out and put it back in. Now most people would say they felt like idiots after that. Not me, I was so incredibly relieved and grateful. Seriously, I think I even shed a few tears I was so excited. I know it sounds crazy that I cried over a computer but, I did. It has all of my pictures and memories on it. And I didn't have to pay a bazillion dollars for a new one. So this post is really a thank you post to Thomas! He ranks supreme in my eyes right now!Thank you Thomas for bringing my computer back to life.

1 comment:

  1. just out of the blue our old computer crashed no warning we took it to data doctor's and they worked on the hardrive for a week and said there was nothing they could do I lost 4 months of pictures including the last picture I took of my Dad and Lily's birth. Thank God snapfish had just ran a special the week before and I had printed 10 pictures for Lily's baby book because that is all I will ever have. I shed some tears for that computer and now I always have multiple copies of my pictures.

    ReplyDelete