Thursday, April 23, 2009

Randomness

Nothing too exciting going on in the Burtch house lately! Here is a little bit from our past week. Last set at work we had to get out our special dress up clothes to go to a nice dinner that was thrown in our honor.A church in the area got all the names of fire department and sheriff's posse personnel and prayed for each one of us everyday for a whole year. it was nice. I have only got to wear this special outfit twice in my whole career!

Tasty treats after the dinner!

The Burtch's have a tradition of celebrating the Jewish holiday of Passover. They go through the whole thing. It was very interesting for my first time! This is a picture of David cashing in the money jar that we won half of. Each kid got two guess: the weight of the jar and how much money was in it. whoever came closest to each got half the money. David guessed closest to the weight and Jess was only $2 off the dollar amount!
I got to go and ride with David for a bit while he was working. They got a call for some bees in a tree!!!! I stayed in the truck and watched and this is a little glimpse of what went down. It made me laugh cause as I watched a remember back to when I was around 11 we had some africanized bees in our front yard. My mom called the fire department and they all stayed like 3 houses away while the bee keeper did all the work!
This is David making sure all the other firefighters have water in the hose to kill the bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment